Just wanted to give a couple of comments on a newly installed NSS-8XLT four post lift. Overall extremely pleased with the lift itself.
Couple of PRO’s:
- overall construction is extremely high quality.
- assembly relatively easy with 2 people and a lift.
- finish looks and operates as advertised.
Couple of CON’s:
- no manuals (online manuals are OK) a simple sheet with parts and orientation would have been helpful.
- I would definitely classify the lift as a home or hobby lift. While the parts are heavy and well constructed the lift does have sway (or wobble) to it. It is on a level concrete pad but I am only lifting an autocross car weighing #1500. Have let it sit for a while but still getting some sway to the lift. (May end up anchoring it but would prefer not to).
- next thing I thought was cheap compared to the actual lift was the linkage for the up locks (cheaply made for the quality of the rest of the lift). They work fine but they are mounted to the outside of the cross bars you end up having to put the drive on ramps over them (drive on ramps are not light which is good, you slip with it once putting it over the linkage and the up lock linkage is going to get trashed).
FINALLY just a quick note with regards to National Auto Tool.... in the end they did come through for me with the shipping of the lift. (Ended up taking a month part was due to scheduling problem on my end after the first 3 weeks). Initially no communication even after they delayed the shipping an addition 5 business days (due to Thanksgiving). Just seems like a common courtesy to call when advertised shipping 5-10 business days turns into 15 business days at the earliest...
OVERALL: I am pleased with the lift.